Last week, the Washington State Supreme Court struck down a 1999 law that banned political candidates from lying about their opponents. In the decision, the majority said the law was an affront to free speech. Of course this ruling wouldn't stop them from breaking the law for other reasons........and it doesn't apply overseas.
With that in mind, Sneaky Business has uncovered a well known organization that has a little over 500 members on its payroll, but the following rather dubious statistics.
- 29 have been accused of spouse abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud
- 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
- 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
- 3 have done time for assault
- 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
- 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
Is this the next Enron? Or some shady hedge-fund outfit? Unfortunately the list refers to the British Houses of Parliament.
(Data courtesy of BoreMe)